Saturday, December 28, 2013

Tempura House!... Wait, No Tempura?

Hi guys! Or girls! The Fun Food Fanatic is back with more! As I told you with my last post, I'm doing a review on Tempura House, Boca Raton, Florida! Well, first thing I got there, I looked at the menu. First, there was one question: Why is this place called Tempura House if it doesn't have any Tempura? Now, that is just strange.  Then I'm about to order Sushi, when I look at the menu, and, no Sushi.
No Sushi at all.
What are these people thinking? 
So then, I look at the menu (everyone looks at the menu, there's 19 of us; 8 are kids) and decide I want the Filet Mignon.

So, do you know what a Teppenyaki restaurant is? It's when you sit at a huge table, and there's a chef cooking right in front of your face. And at the beginning, you see the chef (who is wearing an awkwardly weird hat) rolling his cart up to your table, he takes out this bottle of liquid (never figured out what it is) on the table, spreads it, lights a match, and FOOOOOMMMM!!!! Fire goes up right in front of your face. So, our chef was really cool. He put an egg on this spatula, and spins it around for a long time, and suddenly... he just throws it up into his hat, with the spatula. Also, my favourite thing he did... I call it... the "Onion Volcano"! So the chef takes an onion (raw) an stacks it up, so it looks like a volcano. Then, suddenly, he pours liquid in it, then suddenly it lights on fire. (Aaaaaahhhhhh! An eruption!) When it stops, it's spewing steam from the top!

So now... the reviews of the food:

Me: Filet Mignon (4.5/5)
My Brother: Filet Mignon+Shrimp (5/5)
Cousin#1: Filet Mignon (4/5)
Cousin#2: Chicken Teriyaki (4/5)
Cousin#3: Filet Mignon (5/5)
Cousin#4: Veggies (4.5/5)
Cousin#5: Chicken Teriyaki (3/5)
Cousin#6: Shrimp (5/5)

Overall Rating: 87%
FANtastic!

So even though there was no Tempura... it was still FANtastic.
PS: A note from my mother: the women's bathroom is filthy.





3 comments:

  1. I think you've found your calling! Awesome review =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I forgot to tell you they gave my 1 year-old cousin a Sprite instead of water.

    ReplyDelete